Re: RFC: New event timers infrastructure

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:55:13 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <4C0E5646.1060007_at_FreeBSD.org>
            Alexander Motin <mav_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: Brandon Gooch wrote:
: > Alexander, do you feel that the code is at a stage where meaningful
: > user testing can occur?
:
: I think yes. I've touched a lot of legacy code, so it would be nice to
: know what I may have broken. For example, i8254 and RTC drivers now more
: dependent on attaching to PnP/ACPI reported hardware. I am not sure if
: there still any legacy system which not doing that. The oldest system I
: have tested was P-III Celeron. Unluckily my small development SSD is too
: "large" for my Pentium board's BIOS. :)

The only issue I'm aware of is that on older systems PnP and ACPI can
sometimes interfere.  But I thought we'd fixed those issues...  I can
test on my older pentium too...

Warner

: There is still work planned, but I hope it won't require major changes
: in already written code.
:
: --
: Alexander Motin
: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org mailing list
: http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current
: To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe_at_freebsd.org"
: