Re: RFC: etcupdate tool in base?

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:18:20 -0700
On 6/10/10 10:46 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
> I've had several folks ask me recently about importing etcupdate
> (http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/etcupdate) into the base system as an alternate
> tool for updating /etc during upgrades.  Do folks have any strong objections
> to doing so?  More details about how it works and an HTML version of the
> manpage can be found at the URL above.

well mergemaster is in base so the options are:

  replace mergemaster, have both, move one to ports, or move both to
ports.

It does bring up the question (yet again) if we shouldn't
have something that is between base and ports..
the keep base from bloating too much bit to still indicate
that they are supported.