Re: RFC: etcupdate tool in base?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:35:40 -0700
On 6/10/2010 5:28 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> code in the base tree gets fixed by people making sweeping changes
> but things from ports often do not.

Code will either be maintained well, or it will not. I've seen plenty of
stuff in src break, and the src build is often broken by under-tested
changes (even in -stable branches).

As I said in my original post, your attitude is anachronistic, and needs
to change. It's not ok for people to make random sweeping src changes,
even in -current, that break things in ports.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads