Re: How to disable CLANG & co build in buildworld?

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 00:52:58 +0200
Hi Dag-Erling,

* Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> wrote:
> However, we never install tblgen, and that is a problem, because it
> means we can't "make" in /usr/src/lib/clang - the only way to build
> clang is with make toolchain, make buildworld or make buildenv, which is
> ridiculous.  All it takes is this simple patch:

Well, I've been thinking about this as well, but keep in mind that
tblgen really has no use by itself and strongly depends on the version
of your source tree. Even if we backport a tiny patch from the Clang
repository, we cannot trust tblgen to do the right thing anymore.

Do we really want to install an application like tblgen? Even though I
think it's a pity you can't simply run `make' to build Clang, I think we
might run into interesting problems by the time we update Clang or
backport changes.

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>