Re: two buildworld problems

From: Alexander Best <alexbestms_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:02:03 +0200
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Anonymous <swell.k_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Best <alexbestms_at_uni-muenster.de> writes:

>>> you may want to reverse the condition, ie.
>>>
>>> .if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/*)
>>
>> yeah i had something like that in my make.conf beforehand. the problem
>> was however that this would only use gcc44 when 'make' was run in the
>> ports directory. however i want make to ALWAYS use gcc44 apart from
>> /usr/src.
>
> It may be easier to make gcc44 symlinks for cc/c++/gcc/g++ in
> e.g. HOME/.bin and add it to PATH before /usr/bin[1]. make buildworld
> overrides its own PATH and shouldn't be affected but pretty much
> anything else will use gcc44, not only make(1) targets.
>
> You can create basegcc/baseg++ symlinks then for things that don't
> compile by gcc44 but in case of portmaster you'd have to teach it
> respect user-defined PATH in order for CC=basegcc in make.conf to work.
>
> [1] *after* ccache if you have it installed, e.g.
>    PATH=$LOCALBASE/libexec/ccache:$HOME/.bin:...:/usr/bin:...

thanks for hint. right now my main problem is that i'm not able to
sucessfull do 'buildworld' with CC/CXX/CPP set in src.conf. this
should be reproducable quite easy by either adding:

CC=gcc
CXX=g++
CPP=cpp

to src.conf or

CC=clang
CXX=clang++
CPP=clang

i posted the error output beforehand. this problems has nothing to do
with anything in make.conf since i commented out every gcc44 stuff and
even CFLAGS and so forth. for me the only way to successfully do
'buildworld' is to make sure CC/CXX/CPP aren't set in src.conf or as
envars.

cheers.
alex

--