Re: nvidia-driver 195.22 use horribly broken on amd64 between r206173 and

From: Rene Ladan <rene_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:31:58 +0200
On 14-06-2010 23:31, Christian Zander wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 02:30:03PM -0700, Rene Ladan wrote:
> (...)

>>> be

>>> I would just remove the calls to vm_page_wire() and vm_page_unwire() along
>>> with the immediately adjacent calls to vm_page_{un,}lock_queues().
>>>
>> Just to confirm, like the attached patch?
>>

> Yes.
>
>> This is with a GeForce GT 240M, current/amd64 r209035, nvidia-driver
>> 195.36.15
>>
>> I haven't runtime-tested it yet...

Using the above configuration, X still locks up but now after showing
the NVIDIA splash screen. Without the patch it locks up before that
point. Pinging the computer doesn't work anymore, no panic or logs, a
hard reset is required.

Would disabling DRI and/or Accel in xorg.conf or updating the driver /
operating system somehow help?

Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC
(subkeys.pgp.net)