Re: RFC: New event timers infrastructure

From: Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:12:48 -0500
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 06/20/10 08:47, Alexander Motin wrote:
>>
>> While this can be done in sysctl.conf, it would be better to do it in
>> loader.conf to make it applied from the beginning, without on-the-fly
>> timers change.
>
> You're probably right that for something this fundamental it's better to do
> it in loader.conf, however I wanted to mention that I recently changed the
> rcorder for the "early" boot scripts to run sysctl first for very similar
> reasons.

This is good information, so sorry if I'm being dense: does this mean
that it should have worked by applying the changes via
/etc/sysctl.conf?

No worries though, I've set it in /boot/loader.conf to avoid any
possible ambiguity or anomalous behavior, and it's working very well!

Alexander, if I haven't said it enough already, thanks! I see that you
committed this work, looking forward to wider-spread testing now...

-Brandon