Re: r209240 ia64 -> buildworld -> undefined reference to `lzma_physmem'

From: jhell <jhell_at_dataix.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:24:52 -0400
On 06/21/2010 10:45, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> jhell <jhell_at_dataix.net> writes:
>> Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bristol.ac.uk> writes:
>>> What do you mean by "updating your headers"?
>> cd /usr/src/include && make obj && make depend && make all && make install
>
> wrong.
>
> % cd /usr/src
> % make obj
> % make cleandepend
> % make depend
> % make buildincludes
> % make installincludes
>
> DES

Sure, the only difference here is you just seem to have added
cleandepend for extra added surety but is unneeded if the obj directory
is assumed empty.

buildincludes covered by a simple make, I don't even know why I decided
to mention the all target since thats what it makes by default. I sure
hope the make system was designed to cover that target under all because
that would be a shame if it didn't ;).

installincludes ,,,,mmmmmm really ?

Before install, after install and in the obj directories during the
build process there is no difference. Can you point them out ?

And yes Ive checked them.

Anyhoo this subject is three days old and did not hear anything back, I
would say that it probably solved his problem unless you would say he
probably crashed and could not reply. ;)

Regards,

--

 jhell