Re: r209240 ia64 -> buildworld -> undefined reference to `lzma_physmem'

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:27:52 -0700
On Jun 21, 2010, at 8:04 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 04:45:03PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>> jhell <jhell_at_dataix.net> writes:
>>> cd /usr/src/include && make obj && make depend && make all && make install
>>
>> wrong.
>>
>> % cd /usr/src
>> % make obj
>> % make cleandepend
>> % make depend
>> % make buildincludes
>> % make installincludes
>>
>> DES
>> --
>> Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no
>
> Sorry, just to take one step back, why has this become
> necessary for this particular box? If /usr/obj is empty,
> and "svn up", followed by "svn diff", doesn't show any
> local changes, why can't I go straight to make buildworld?
> In other words, why do my headers need updating on this
> particular box, and not on other ia64 boxes?
> I must've screwed something up, haven't I?

Anton,

My suggestion would be to destroy the sandbox entirely
and simply checkout a new one from scratch, provided
you're not sharing sandboxes across NFS. I would also
manually destroy your object tree under /usr/obj (or
whereever you have it) before doing the buildworld.

It's not impossible (double negative to emphasize that
the possibility may not be big enough to worry about,
but that I don't want to go there), that you have some
corruption that is not exposed by "svn diff", but that
is causing the build-breakages. A clean slate helps...

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt_at_mac.com