Re: Problem with buildworld with CLANG

From: Tom Evans <tevans.uk_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:24:34 +0100
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Cristiano Deana
<cristiano.deana_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Top of the '[TESTING] Clang..' email:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> ClangBSD was updated to LLVM/clang revision 104832 which is what we aim to import
>>> into HEAD in roughly a week. We would like the initial import to be as painless
>>> as possible and therefore we ask you to test ClangBSD to assure that the revision
>>> we are importing does not have some really embarassing bugs.
>>>
>>> How to do it (on i386 and amd64):
>
>>> 1) svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/clangbsd src
>
> i already did it and it worked, two weeks ago.
> now i wanted to try with clan in system
>
>>> 2) echo NO_WERROR= >> /etc/src.conf ; echo WERROR= >> /etc/src.conf
>
>> So uncomment your src.conf lines that are incompatible.
>
> forgot to tell before. i tried with and without those lines.

The error in your first email was clearly a warning being promoted to
an error, so either you had a different error on your build with
NO_WERROR/WERROR, or your NO_WERROR/WERROR settings were not being
respected. Please retry with NO_WERROR/WERROR set in /etc/src.conf,
and show the resulting error.

Cheers

Tom