Re: Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

From: Alexandr Rybalko <ray_at_dlink.ua>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:10:14 +0200
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 00:28:33 -0800
Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:32:40AM +0200, Alexandr Rybalko wrote:
>> > On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:52:59 -0800
>> > Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Can You test your driver without siba_switchcore, I see the device
>> > have mapping for all cores on SSB?
>>
>> I see what you mean.  siba_core.c which depends on PCI code would be
>> compiled when it builds on SENTRY5.  So it looks currently it needs a
>> patch to compile siba bus code without PCI code.  I'll try to make a
>> patch.

I now trying to make bus independent interface, not done yet.
When finish, I send to You for review and maybe test.

>> > Think thre is 4 cores.
>> > When SSB on nexus, we don`t need core switching, maybe on PCI too.
>>
>> I think this is a difference between siba(4) and siba_bwn currently and
>> it's one of TODOs we should solve to merge two codes.
>>
>> AFAIK approach to access each cores isn't same; it looks siba(4) creates
>> devices for each cores so it'd not need to switch cores.  But siba_bwn
>> doesn't do it like siba(4) so it needs to switch cores because all are
>> handled on one device.

Look into this line:
ssb0: <Broadcom BCM4315 802.11b/g Wireless> mem 0xf4000000-0xf4003fff
There we see, device have 0x4000 memory window. Each core required 0x1000.
Your code to call required core move PCI window to appropriate 0x1000 block
(if core - second, move to 0xf4001000).
Maybe we can map full window, and then access to required core without core switching.

--
Рыбалко Александр
Консультант D-Link Украина