Re: Increasing MAXPHYS

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:40:18 +0100
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:03:56 +0200
Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Scott Long wrote:
> > Are there non-CAM drivers that look at MAXPHYS, or that silently assume that
> > MAXPHYS will never be more than 128k?
>
> That is a question.

I only did a quick&dirty grep looking for MAXPHYS in /sys.

Some drivers redefine MAXPHYS to be 512KiB.  Some use their own local
MAXPHYS which is usually 128KiB.

Some look at MAXPHYS to figure out other things; the details escape me.

There's one driver which actually uses 100*MAXPHYS for something, but I
didn't check the details.

Lots of them were non-CAM drivers AFAICT.

--
Gary Jennejohn