Re: [CFT]: ClangBSD is selfhosting, we need testers now - STATUS UPDATE

From: Roman Divacky <rdivacky_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 19:13:57 +0200
fwiw, it looks like it may make sense to have 2nd round of runtime testing :)

these things were fixed in clangbsd that were reported as problems:

1) static binaries (eg. make) crash

2) kernel sound module miscompilation

3) bootloader problem which prevented clangbsd from booting

4) fix building when CC/CXX were set to cc/c++

5) kernel printf modifiers semantic checking was implemented

6) i386 default cpu setting fix

I know about these problems that are still not fixed

1) i386 is being miscompiled so clang built clang crashes

	this is being worked on, we have a test case and I believe
	Dmitry Andric (big kudos to him!) is about to submit a bug
	report to llvm

2) mergemaster problems - I have a fix but have not commited it yet

3) ruby crashes

so, if you have one of the problems I listed as being fixed I'd like you
to update clangbsd sources and rebuild the world to make sure that the
problem you had was indeed fixed. If it wasn't, please report back to me.
New testers are welcome too of course :)

I am all ears about new problems as well. Please restrict your testing
to amd64 as i386 is broken. You are free to test on ARM too as I am
quite sure it works "reasonably well" there but noone tested it.

thank you!

Roman Divacky