Re: a panic on uart_z8530_class?

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 15:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 9 May 2010, Yuri Pankov wrote:

> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 09:59:23PM -0500, Brandon Gooch wrote:
>> Since at early April, I've been trying to figure out why my laptop
>> locks up overnight (something about the CPUs going into C3). I can
>> nearly always get it to coredump, but the vmcore files I generate are
>> unusable...

My cores are not *completely* unuseable -- I can (e.g.) walk the process
tree starting at allproc, and things look sane, but kgdb's 'proc' command
claims that all PIDs are invalid, and doesn't give me backtraces.

>> -Brandon
>
> Just another "me too". May be we have something common in our setup?
> (I'm dumping to /dev/gpt/swap 8Gb GPT partition, using ahci(4) on a ATI
> IXP700 AHCI SATA controller).
>
> Another issue - dump is written extremely slow (1.5Gb in ~5 minutes).

I am more inclined to believe that this is a kgdb bug than a problem with
the dump itself, but I am running on atapci0: AHCI v1.20 (Intel ICH9
family).

(Old-ish) dmesg and pciconf may be found in
http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/user/kaduk/freebsd/glossolalia/

-Ben