Re: clangBSD build error

From: ambrosehuang ambrose <ambrosehua_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:34:22 -0700
2010/5/21 Roman Divacky <rdivacky_at_freebsd.org>

> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:10:23PM +0800, ambrosehuang ambrose wrote:
> > I found my clang version is :
> > [root_at_lateaxfreebsd src]# clang --version
> > clang version 2.0 (trunk)
> > Target: *x86_64-portbld-freebsd8.0*
> > Thread model: posix
> > svn revision is r10379_1 in PORTS
> >
> > I think maybe you can use the llvm-devel in PORTS to reproduce this
> >
> > I try to update clang to the latest version with
> > make BOOTSTRAP=1 _CKSUMFILES="", but it seems the patch file confilcts
> with
> > latest code?
> >
> > Could you tell me how to bypass the patching step ?
>
> there's no point in upgrading to newer clang. there were no change
> in this.. are you sure you are compiling with llvm-devel the malloc.c
> in clangbsd? not some older/newer version?

I'm sure the llvm-devel is version r10379 in freebsd-stable branch. I also
found that the
both clang from llvm-devel and clang built from clangBSD building
/usr/src.svn/src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c(/usr/src.svn/src
is the clangBSD directory in my box) failed
with same error.

maybe the version of clang in llvm-devel is too low, but the clang in
clangBSD itself should be OK