Re: nvidia-driver 195.22 use horribly broken on amd64 between r206173 and

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:58:19 -0700
On 5/26/2010 9:51 AM, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> I did a quick glance over the driver, try this:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/nvidia-vm_page_lock.1.patch
> I did not even compiled the patched driver.

Kostik,

Thanks for taking a look at this! I sent the following to Alexey
recently in regards to his query about whether or not the new version of
the driver works. Maybe it will assist you:

Good news, it was a simple version bump to upgrade to 195.36.24. Bad
news, no improvement. Under very light load (X11 using openbox, Alpine
mail client) it lasted about an hour. As soon as I started adding more
stress (firefox, flash, etc.) it wedged after about 30 minutes (total
uptime, 90 minutes). This was still on the old kernel that I've been
using in combination with 195.22:

FreeBSD dougb.net 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #3 r207134: Thu Apr 29
23:14:20 PDT 2010  i386

The combination of the r207134 kernel and the 195.22 version of the
driver has been very stable for me. If I try to go newer than that in
either category I get lockups and/or panics.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads