Re: Openoffice doesn't work with kernel+world built with Clang

From: Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:36:44 -0200
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
> Garga!
>
> * Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>, 20101103 13:36:
>> For now i solve my problem adding this to /etc/src.conf
>>
>> .if ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc"
>> CC=cc
>> CXX=c++
>> .endif
>>
>> This way libgcc_s.so is built using gcc instead of clang and the problem
>> is gone. I just wonder other problems we can find since simething on
>> libgcc_s.so is broken when built with clang.
>
> Would it be hard to figure out which exact object file causes this?

Hi Ed,

I've submitted a ktrace result of openoffice execution [1], i just
saw it got a SIGBUS at some point, but debug openoffice doesn't
seem to be a trivial task.

I don't know if we can build OO with debug symbols to make it
easier to debug. If you know what i can do to help debugging,
just let me know and i can provide any information.

[1] - http://people.freebsd.org/~garga/ktrace-error2.txt.gz
--
Renato Botelho