Re: issue with "options DDB"

From: Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_spoerlein.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:47:01 +0100
On Sat, 30.10.2010 at 23:22:44 +0000, Alexander Best wrote:
> hi there,
>
> with "options DDB" in my kernel conf i run into the following issue with my
> kernel modules:
>
> link_elf_lookup_symbol: missing symbol hash table
> KLD file snd_hda.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file sound.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file nvidia.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file linux.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file ng_ubt.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file ng_hci.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file ng_bluetooth.ko is missing dependencies
> KLD file netgraph.ko is missing dependencies
> link_elf_lookup_symbol: missing symbol hash table
>
> removing the option solves the issue. any advice?
>
> cheers.
> alex
>
> ps: i'm running HEAD (r214542; amd64).

You failed to mention the command that you run. I assume 'buildkernel'?
Please note that you need and update-to-date "buildworld" for the kernel
tools to be there, so please try the following (with options DDB):

cd /usr/src
make clean; make cleandir; make clean
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL

If it fails again, try
env __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOURKERNEL

Oh, and the actual kernel config might help as well.

hth
Uli