Re: ACPI panic on boot recent HEAD

From: Garrett Cooper <gcooper_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:48:18 -0800
On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Garrett Cooper <gcooper_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> here is a digital camera pic of a panic that happened while booting
>>> yesterdays Source tree
>>>
>>> http://www.puffybsd.com/IMG_4136.JPG
>>>

>>> here is a dmesg from a older current
>>> http://www.puffybsd.com/amddmesg.txt
>>
>> Uh, that looks like geom to me, not acpi...
>
> I saw the ACPI warning on top so I blamed ACPI...
> maybe I was wrong, this stuff is not my strong suit

    It's ok :) (one thing to note is that the ACPI warning is present
in both cases)... It would be interesting to note what modules you
load (in particular the geom ones), and what GEOM options you define
in your kernconf, as well as whether or not you built your kernel and
world from scratch.
Thanks!
-Garrett