Re: re(4) driver dropping packets when reading NFS files

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:14:31 -0500 (EST)

> If that made difference, all other ethernet controllers would have
> suffered from the similar issues.

Well, some commit done between June 7 and June 15 made a difference,
but I have no idea what or why.

Also, I had a report of very poor read rate from someone using a bge(4)
interface, but I have no reason to believe it is because of the same
issue.

> If you have some spare time please try attach one. I guess fast
> ethernet controller has smaller FIFO size than that of GigE
> controller so it is frequently triggered the issue on fast ethernet
> controller than GigE controllers. I still guess that there are
> cases that an interrupt is not correctly served such that driver
> missed a lot of frames.

Patch didn't help. If anything it degrading things a bit (stats are
attached).

rick