Re: Only display ACPI bootmenu key if ACPI is present

From: Lars Engels <lars.engels_at_0x20.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 06:26:23 +0100
On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 05:14:53PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> This patch changes the Forth code for the Beastie menu to only display the
> menu option to enable or disable ACPI if the loader detects ACPI.  This avoids
> displaying a menu item prompting to enable ACPI if the BIOS doesn't actually
> include ACPI.  Any objections?

Good idea!

Maybe we should also import PCBSD's patches to the beastie menu?
In PCBSD's beastie menu you can toggle some settings like "safe mode",
and "ACPI", so the kernel is not loaded as soon as select an option.

See
http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pcbsd/current/system-overlay/boot/beastie.4th

Lars