[HEADS UP] Significant TCP work committed to head

From: Lawrence Stewart <lstewart_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:35:45 +1100
Hi All,

A quick note that this evening, I made the first in a series of upcoming
commits to head that modify the TCP stack fairly significantly. I have
no reason to believe you'll notice any issues, but TCP is a complex
beast and it's possible things might crop up. The changes are mostly
related to congestion control, so the sorts of issues that are likely to
crop up if any will most probably be subtle and difficult to even
detect. The first svn revision in question is r215166. The next few
commits I plan to make will be basically zero impact and then another
significant patch will follow in a few weeks.

If you bump into an issue that you think might be related to this work,
please roll back r215166 from your tree and attempt to reporoduce before
reporting the problem. Please CC me directly with your problem report
and post to freebsd-current_at_ or freebsd-net_at_ as well.

Lots more information about what all this does and how to use it will be
following in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, just keep this note
in the back of your mind. For the curious, some information about the
project is available at [1,2].

Cheers,
Lawrence

[1] http://caia.swin.edu.au/freebsd/5cc/