Re: www/chromium crashing whole system

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:13:43 +0000 (GMT)
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>    Isn't there also DEADLKRES that might be helpful in this case (if
> Alex is really dealing with a livelock in the kernel)...?

The deadlock resolver is compiled into the GENERIC kernel on -CURRENT, so I'm
assuming it hasn't helped (or perhaps is even part of the problem).  I think
the best thing to do at this point is to try to get into DDB.  Of the schemes
I suggested to work around the X11 issue, switching to a virtual console
before starting Chromium may work best, since it will continue to use the
local X server, etc.

Robert