Re: Panic with vfs.root.mountfrom=nfs on CURRENT (was Re: [patch] functional prototype of root mount enhancement)

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:58:17 -0800
On Nov 17, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>    Do you have any examples that use nfs rootfs's out of the box that
> work with the new logic that don't involve creating an mfsroot? I keep
> on running into this error with vfs.root.mountfrom=nfs (previously on
> CURRENT it would just try to mount nfs via nfs_mount in the NFS client
> without any complaints):

The syntax is $fs:$dev. For NFS $dev can be empty, leaving "nfs:".
The problem is with there not being a colon after nfs in your case.

This could be a change in behaviour from before, which probably needs
a fix. I'll look into it...

>    I don't run into this error when I unset this variable sometimes
> (it boots up multiuser and all is happy, hunky dory when I manually
> query this variable from the pxeboot loader, but not when I don't...
> it's weird).
>    It seems to ignore the directives in mount.conf:
>
> # cat mount.conf
> .onfail continue
> .ask

The filename to use is "/.mount.conf". Notice the period.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt_at_mac.com