Re: TTY task group scheduling

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:08:59 +0100
Quoting Alexander Best <arundel_at_freebsd.org> (from Fri, 19 Nov 2010
00:17:10 +0000):

> 17:51 _at_  Genesys : Luigi Rizzo had a plugabble scheduler back in 4.* or \
> thereabouts
> 17:51 _at_  Genesys : you could kldload new ones and switch to them on the fly
> 17:52 _at_  arundel : wow. that sounds cool. too bad it didn't make it
> into src \
> tree. by now it's probably outdated and needs to be reworked quite a bit.
> ****
>
> does anybody know something about this?

I'm aware of the I/O scheduling code (which is now available at least
in -current), but I do not remember CPU scheduling code from Luigi.
Are you sure Genesys didn't mix up something by accident?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #123:
	Even a blind man can recognize the glow of latinum.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137