Re: Broadcom BCM4310 USB Controller (Wifi)

From: Alberto Villa <avilla_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 02:20:33 +0100
On Wednesday 17 November 2010 10:57:34 Paul B Mahol wrote:
> Please use ndis5 branch. master branch is in heavy development.
> CURRENT branch just blindly (and badly) track code on FreeBSD
CURRENT.

ok. unfortunately in this test i made an error and just saw that...
`--> git status
# On branch ndis5
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/ndis5' by 13 commits.
i hope it's ok for this time

> When you say what you did be more specific, like are you are using
> i386 or amd64, and so on.

FreeBSD echo.hoth 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #2 r215448M:
Thu Nov 18 08:34:00 CET 2010
root_at_echo.hoth:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HPDV6  amd64
my kernel configuration file is a GENERIC trimmed down to the minimum
(so that everything possible is loaded as a module)

> For using code in branch master and ndis5, you will need to reinstall
> ndisgen and ndiscvt from git repo
> and do not use one from FreeBSD world. This also means you will need
> to regenerate miniport module with
> new ndiscvt & ndisgen because interface have changed slightly.

i did it, and here you are the results:
http://pastebin.ca/1998450
http://pastebin.ca/1998454

thanks
--
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla_at_FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Flying saucers on occasion
	Show themselves to human eyes.
Aliens fume, put off invasion