Re: Regarding pciids

From: Alexander Best <arundel_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:20:03 +0000
On Tue Nov 23 10, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 18/10/2010 18:28 Alexander Best said the following:

> >> sorry it seems i missed your post back then.
> >>
> >> i found two more lists:
> >>
> >> http://rh-software.com/downloads/pcidevs.txt
> >> and
> >> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-browse.php?dir=/pub/incoming (seems to be based on the
> >> Hart list)
> >>
> >> the actual Hart list seems to have vanished and the web location is no longer
> >> accessible.
> >>
> >> personally i don't think it's necessary to combine the data of two files. the
> >> mares database seems extremely elaborate. all my pci devices get described
> >> properly. also making use of only one databse would make it more easy to submit
> >> additional info back to the vendor.
> >>
> >> so any objections to switching to the mares list?

> > oh...and i think it would be a good idea to move from ";" as comment character
> > to "#". that way we wouldn't need to run a script, but could include the vendor
> > file directly into the src tree.
>
> So, guys, perhaps I missed the patch(es) - I think that I am interested in
> reviewing them and getting them committed.
>
> Many thanks!

iirc the problem is that some entries in the current pciid list are not present
in the mares list. this leaves two options:

1) take the mares list and add the missing entries from the current pciid
   version or
2) try to get all entries from the current pciid committed upstream to the
   mares list and once that's been done do a complete import of the mares list,
   replacing the current pciid file entirely.

cheers.
alex

--
a13x