Re: letting glabel recognise a media change

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:41:41 -0700
On 9/30/2010 3:20 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>      The problem is that the current system proposed for Device Kit is
> based on file system notification. I know we can do this with kqueues
> to some degree, but we do some of our best work via sysctls, and using
> other methods of attack, so it would be nice if these were
> `abstracted' out into generic events with OS specific callback
> handlers.

I'm not a kernel developer so I'm not going to tell anyone _how_ to
implement the internals of this idea. My point is that if we're going to
implement something that the API should be compatible so that all of the
client software that already works with HAL doesn't have to be
rewritten, patched, or abandoned.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads