Re: Another clang problem

From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 14:54:45 +0100
On 3 Oct 2010, at 14:41, Derek Tattersall wrote:

> In updating gnash to 8.8 the build failed while linking with libvgl.so.  My
> current system was built last week, with both kernel and world built
> with clang.  The linkage failure was due to an inlined function,
> "set4pixels" which is only referred to, as far as I can tell, within the
> source file simple.c which contains the function definition.
>
> I rebuilt libvgl.so using gcc and gnash linked properly.  It seems, at
> least in this case, that clang has some problems dealing with inlined
> functions.

We are still in the process of identifying which ports have problems, but we are aware that building ports with clang is not an easy job: several ports assume a gcc behavior and there some LLVM/Clang problems that need to be ironed out.

Given this, we need some sort of way to identify ports that can be built with clang, but that requires man-hours.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo