Re: system hangs after logging into gdm

From: Ivan Klymenko <fidaj_at_ukr.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:51:07 +0300
В Tue, 12 Oct 2010 02:07:01 -0700
Garrett Cooper <gcooper_at_FreeBSD.org> пишет:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua> wrote:
> > on 12/10/2010 12:00 Ivan Klymenko said the following:
> >> В Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:51:05 +0300

> >> After the system hangs - no
> >
> > I specifically asked if you switched to text console right after
> > pressing Enter in the above step.  Sorry if that was not clear.
> >
> >> after a reboot - yes - I went to the console and rebuilt world and
> >> kernel version r231507 again ...

> >> Yes, I can, but this whole procedure takes me many hours ...
> >> I have FreeBSD - the only system on the PC and I need it in
> >> working order - I'm working on it
> >>
> >> Surely no one will be able to repeat my steps, that would verify
> >> this especially since I've written previously that the cause may
> >> be in the vfs ...
> >
> > Not sure what your point is.
> > So far you seem to be the only one who has the problem (or has
> > reported it, at least).
>
>     Could you try disabling some of your modules (fuse, nvidia, etc)
> in a stepwise manner? fuse is of particular interest for me to see
> whether or not it resolves the problem.
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

--I have updated the source code to r213666
--rebuilt and reinstall: ONLY kernel GENERIC + options         DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS
--i NOT reinstall nvidia driver with my patch...
--i removed fusefs_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf  <<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!
	fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_6

system booted fine and I successfully logged on to gdm! :)

cause system hangs at the entrance to gdm was a module of the ports of fuse.ko

Thank you very much!