Re: log2(), log2f() and log2l() support in freebsd

From: Diane Bruce <db_at_db.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:50:17 -0400
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:06:05AM +0000, Alexander Best wrote:
> hi there,
>
> could we please have support for log2(), log2f() and log2l() in freebsd?

I have run into a similar problem. I already started with some complex
functions:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=147599&cat=

And am willing to do the work to import those log2 functions. I have
already looked at the work involved.

I note one reply to the PR suggesting the Apple versions might be better,
but I am not sure if their licence would be compatible with FreeBSD or not.

> mplayer (svn) won't build without them. netbsd has support and there are two
> open pr related to this matter (including patches):

Ah ha! So the log2 work has been done already. You should have attached
the PR numbers!

> 82654
> 83845

Oh.. Ok, I have seen 82654. I believe my diff should take care of that one.
83845 should be committed or the NetBSD code brought in. (Most current
version of fldigi needs log2.)

- Diane
--
- db_at_FreeBSD.org db_at_db.net http://www.db.net/~db