Re: Regarding pciids

From: Alexander Best <arundel_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:23:38 +0000
On Fri Sep 17 10, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I created hackish scripts to generate pci_vendors file from Boemler and
> Mares (pciids.sf.net) lists. I haven't found the Hart list.
>
> The results of the scripts are here:

sorry it seems i missed your post back then.

i found two more lists:

http://rh-software.com/downloads/pcidevs.txt
and
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-browse.php?dir=/pub/incoming (seems to be based on the
Hart list)

the actual Hart list seems to have vanished and the web location is no longer
accessible.

personally i don't think it's necessary to combine the data of two files. the
mares database seems extremely elaborate. all my pci devices get described
properly. also making use of only one databse would make it more easy to submit
additional info back to the vendor.

so any objections to switching to the mares list?

cheers.
alex

--
a13x