Re: DTrace bindings are missing in FreeBSD 9.0 - CURRENT for userland apps

From: István <leccine_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:48:58 +0100
I perfectly understand what you are saying and I have been DTracing on
Solaris many times.

Only problem here is that you don't get my point, but I try to explain it on
the level you can get it.

[root_at_freebsd9 /usr/ports/databases/postgresql90-server]# grep -iA3
WITH_DTRACE Makefile
.  if defined(WITH_DTRACE)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-dtrace
LDFLAGS+=-lelf
.  endif

[root_at_freebsd9 /usr/ports/databases/postgresql90-server]# grep -i dtrace
/var/db/ports/postgresql90/options
WITH_DTRACE=true

[root_at_freebsd9 /usr/ports/databases/postgresql90-server]# make install clean

What other dependency might cause the lack of DTrace bindings for
postgres90-server?

If you don't get my point at this stage then we don't have anything to talk
about, and I don't understand how can the FreeBSD project use a tool like
you. :)

Hope I make it clear what is not working and what must work.

I.

--
the sun shines for all

http://blog.l1x.me