Re: Sleep/Lenovo SL410 fails again after csup & clang

From: Matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:37:28 -0700
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 19 October 2010 09:15 pm, Matt wrote:
>>>   My experience with a sleeping freebsd laptop has been shortlived!
>>>
>>> Today I rebuilt world using clang & this morning's csup current.
>>> Clang build went just swimmingly.
>>>
>>> Unthinkingly, I closed my laptop lid and put it in my case.
>>> When I got to my house, it was roasting with fans spinning and
>>> sleep light flashing. No damage, thankfully.
>>>
>>> Low and behold, hw.pci.do_power_resume=0 no longer lets my laptop
>>> sleep!
>>>
>>> I had recently fiddled with powerd, but problem persisted after
>>> reverting to previous configuration of associated sysctls etc.
>>>
>>> Interestingly, sleep bounce now fails with a hard freeze, which it
>>> never has in the past.
>>>
>>> Verbose output shows the wifi then re0 network interfaces going
>>> from D0->D3 as last living output.
>>>
>>> Please note problem persists regardless of user, X running,
>>> sleep_delay sysctl, do_power_resume, do_power_nodriver, powerd
>>> running/not running.
>>>
>>> Without sleep bounce, problem is characterized by flashing sleep
>>> light and spinning fans (CPU temperature is high).
>>>
>>> No devices added or removed, was sleeping this morning before
>>> buildworld. Is it worth rebuilding with gcc? Or a content change
>>> and not a compiler issue? Any major pci changes lately maybe?
>>
>> Can you please update source and try again?  If it does not work,
>> please set a new tunable "hw.pci.do_power_suspend=0" and tell me
>> whether it helps or not.  FYI, hw.pci.do_power_resume does not apply
>> to suspend any more.  So, if you want to restore the previous
>> behaviour, you need both "hw.pci.do_power_resume=0" and
>> "hw.pci.do_power_suspend=0".  However, my hunch tells me that you
>> only need the latter.
>>
>> Also, if possible, I'd like to see 'devinfo -rv', 'pciconf -clv',
>> 'acpidump -dt', and 'lspci -vvv' output.  Note lspci is available via
>> ports/sysutils/pciutils.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jung-uk Kim

A >> dump file of the above commands in order:
http://pastebin.com/KhFn9xaK

I'm grabbing a new csup now, glad it wasn't clang at least. When I did
Mac development, LLVM binaries were generally significantly faster for
some things.

Interesting, I got some phone related topic added into your post, and no
direct mail, so hopefully you can get your hands on the pastebin link.

Thank you, I will let you know if the new tunable does the trick.

Matt