Re: Small /etc/src.conf

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:03:48 +0100
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:40:01 -0700
Sean Bruno <seanbru_at_yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a src.conf + make.conf that I can steal to build a small
> installation of BSD?  I've been trying to shrink the installation so I
> can cram an ISO of BSD across the network into a remote installation
> thing in an HP box.

The following might be useful on a small system to speed up build
times and reduce the ISO size on a UFS only system where IPFW is used
for firewalling:

In /etc/src.conf:

MODULES_OVERRIDE=md ipfw libalias

WITHOUT_GPIB=yes
WITHOUT_INFO=yes
WITHOUT_ATM=yes
WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=yes
WITHOUT_GAMES=yes
WITHOUT_IPFILTER=yes
WITHOUT_IPX=yes
WITHOUT_NCP=yes
WITHOUT_NDIS=yes
WITHOUT_PF=yes
WITHOUT_PPP=yes
WITHOUT_PROFILE=yes
WITHOUT_WIRELESS=yes # No wireless cards
WITHOUT_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=yes
WITHOUT_ZFS=yes # UFS only system

In make.conf you might want to set WITH_X11/WITHOUT_X11 so that for
example editors/vim doesn't pull in X11. I also set DISTDIR and
WRKDIRPREFIX to directories under my homedir so I can build ports as an
unprivileged user.

--
Bruce Cran