Re: c 213323 breaks Sony Vaio P11Z w/o acpi

From: <volker_at_vwsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:35:05 +0200
Dear Andriy,

sorry for the delay.

On 10/22/10 11:29, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 22/10/2010 12:09 volker_at_vwsoft.com said the following:
>> On 10/22/10 10:53, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>>
>>> [ping]
>>
>> Sorry, Andriy!
>>
>> I haven't found the time to hack yesterday. The Intel website doesn't provide
>> the 20091221 tarball anymore (but a more recent one) and I need to lay my hands
>> on the script and the code tarball to get it working. As a result, I hope I can
>> provide a more recent script that should work out of the box.
>>
>> Please stay tuned (I guess I'll find the time to get it working over the
>> upcoming weekend).
>
> Volker,
>
> thanks a lot!
> Perhaps, meanwhile you can provide a verbose boot dmesg?

Sure! Please find it at
http://people.freebsd.org/~vwe/misc/Vaio_p11z/dmesg-verbose.txt

> The problem that you get is quite unexpected.  Essentially, that division by
> zero that you get is a form of an assert and I am planning to put a real KASSERT
> there.  Neither cpu_logical nor cpu_cores should be zero after that loop because
> they both should be incremented when the iterator is equal to boot CPU ID.

hmm, a KASSERT would cause my P11Z to panic in a more controlled way but
in the end I understand your intention.

I'll try to get the cpu topo code into a working condition tomorrow and
will post the results (and a pointer to the new code base).

Thanks a lot,

Volker