Re: c 213323 breaks Sony Vaio P11Z w/o acpi

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:06:36 +0300
on 25/10/2010 14:23 volker_at_vwsoft.com said the following:
> the Vaio P11Z does not boot at all with ACPI enabled so it's disabled in
> loader.conf. The panic messages are various if I try.

I would be interested to look at that problem (or those problems) too.

And now I think that see what the immediate problem is.
In your current configuration there is no away for FreeBSD to determine number of
processors and their IDs, because neither MP Table nor MADT are found.
So essentially it's a uni-processor system (for FreeBSD at least) and we shouldn't
try to probe CPU topology, because it neither make sense nor can be properly.

I will add code to handle this case.

--
Andriy Gapon