Re: Difficulty playing DVDs under AHCI/CAM?

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman_at_bimajority.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:21:49 -0400
<<On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 19:16:03 +0300, Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua> said:

> Just want to draw attention of those who use ahci, have hald running and burn
> optical media to couple of known issues:

What about those of us who use ahci, don't have hald running, and just
want to read their DVDs?  I never heard any response from you when I
asked for a more specific debugging procedure.  My next step was going
to be enabling CAMDEBUG and trying to find out which specific
operation was failing, but I'm not a SCSI expert by any means....

-GAWollman