Re: One-shot-oriented event timers management

From: b. f. <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:50:29 +0000
In:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/timers_oneshot7.patch

you need to offset the declaration of 'cpu' in getnextevent() on line
256 of src/sys/kern/kern_clocksource.c by #ifdef SMP, because it is
not used otherwise, and will break UP kernel builds with our default
warnings and -Werror.

Incidentally, do you intend to commit the tm6292_idle.patch along with
the new timer code, after testing is satisfactory?  Or is this not
appropriate for general use?  If it isn't suitable for all users,
perhaps some of the periods of the events in that patch can be
abstracted and made tunable, so that we can make it possible to
conserve power, and also keep others happy?

Regards,
                  b.