Re: ZFS Cache & Log Device Failure Handling

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:07:58 +0200
Quoting "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams_at_gmail.com> (from Thu,
2 Sep 2010 13:30:51 -0600):

> How well does ZFS on FreeBSD handle a dying/wedged log and/or cache
> device? OpenSolaris handles this pretty well in my experience and will
> fail through relatively quickly. But this tends to rely on FMA. Thank
> you in advance.

No problem for the cache device. I have an USB memory stick as a cache
device, and if I just remove it during operation, the system handles
the situation. If you connect it again, you need to remove/readd it
via zfs commands.

I do not use a log device.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Govern a great nation as you would cook a small fish.  Don't overdo it.
		-- Lao Tsu

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137