Re: [head tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 03:54:24 -0400
At 06:57 PM 9/9/2010, Doug Barton wrote:

>>Normally they are pointed to a local mirror here at Sentex. However,
>>that server was having hardware problems which I think we have isolated
>>and resolved now. I will repoint this tinderbox to the local site again.
>
>The best way to handle this would be to have messages about csup
>failing to be directed only to those who are actually able to fix
>the problem. Assuming that the cvsup server is always going to work
>is contrary to both history and good system administration practices. :)
>
>>Perhaps as an interim measure a local procmail rule to filter out cvsup
>>failures from going to the list ?
>
>That's a particularly unhelpful response. Not only is it borderline
>rude to attempt to shift the responsibility for this to the users,
>it's a violation of the robustness principle.

I meant "local procmail rule" as in local to the tinderboxes so that
des and myself and others who admin the boxes only get such
messages.  I didnt want to make such changes without des' approval
and was waiting for his input...

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike_at_sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike