Re: DHCP server in base

From: David DEMELIER <demelier.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:54:45 +0200
2010/9/10 Matthew Jacob <mj_at_feral.com>:
>  I think not. You are given the opportunity to install prebuilt packages at
> install time, and with a modest amount of effort can install prebuilt
> packages afterwards.
>
> IMO, such as it is, there should be *less* in the base system than there
> currently is and more in ports.

In this case there are some parts in base/ that could live in ports/
instead of the base directory such as hostapd(8), maybe nobody want to
make a usable wireless access point?

And what about bind too? A lot of user do not needs it, by the way
there is already src.conf(5) to enable or disable modules, then a
WITHOUT_DHCPD would be useful.

Cheers.

--
Demelier David