Re: buildworld + ccache trouble

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:07:06 +0200
On 2010-09-20 10:43, Dmitry Krivenok wrote:
> Your patch works fine for me, thanks!

Note this patch is just a workaround for now, I'm still working on the
proper solution. :)

> However, I don't see any performance gain when using ccache:
> cache miss                        225341
> cache miss                        362669
> Number of cache hits is very low.

Since ccache depends on the results of preprocessing being exactly the
same every time, there could be something in your setup and/or way of
updating that changes them during each update.

You can experiment with adding '-save-temps' to your compile flags, to
see if any resulting .i files unexpectedly change after you update your
source tree.