Re: ZFS v28 is ready for wider testing.

From: Graham Todd <gtodd_at_bellanet.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:16:39 -0400
On 09/02/10 17:48, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:59:15PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> [...]
>> Ok, now that I know you read everything carefully, here is the patch:
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20100831.patch.bz2
>
> Now it is even easier to test new ZFS! :)
>
> Here you can find VirtualBox Appliance (113MB) with
> FreeBSD 9-CURRENT and ZFSv28:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/misc/FreeBSD9_ZFSv28_0.1.tgz
>
> Untar it, import it (zfsv28.ovf) to VirtualBox and have fun.

Wheee!

Is there anyway to simulate a disk failure on VBox?  Does one simply rm/mv
the .vmdk files on the host system? Inside the virtual machine I'm unable
to get camcontrol to do anything (the SATA drives are AHCI so we don't
want atacontrol correct?) that would simulate this.

Great work putting this together. Thanks.

cheers

ps: I'm pretty sure it worked once but now I am not having much luck with
zpool split. Possibly a PEBKAC. I think there are manual page patches for
all the new features include with each of Sunoracle's PSARCs but they
don't all appear on the manual pages included with the vbox image (??)