Re: RFT: if_ath HAL refactoring

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:19:28 -0400
On Monday, September 20, 2010 10:06:53 am Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 20 September 2010 21:25, John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Why not include this iff both 'device ath' and 'device pci' are included?
> > That is what is normally done for bus-specific attachments.
>
> I've not idea right now whether there's an Atheros SoC with an
> AHB-attached wireless device and a PCI bus. In fact, that won't work
> at the present time because the device names would clash.

Why would the device names clash?  We have _lots_ of drivers with multiple bus
attachments that use the same name regardless of which bus they are on, and
making a bus attachment conditional on the bus being present is what every
other driver that desires this level of granularity does.

--
John Baldwin