Re: Examining the VM splay tree effectiveness

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:37:42 +0200
On 30.09.2010 18:37, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Just for the kick of it I decided to take a closer look at the use of
> splay trees (inherited from Mach if I read the history correctly) in
> the FreeBSD VM system suspecting an interesting journey.

Correcting myself regarding the history: The splay tree for vmmap was
done about 8 years ago by alc_at_ to replace a simple linked list and was
a huge improvement.  The change in vmpage from a hash to the same splay
tree as in vmmap was committed by dillon_at_ about 7.5 years ago with some
involvement of alc_at_.

--
Andre