Re: Removal of ICC (intel compiler) bits from mk

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:21:14 +0200
Quoting Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 18 Apr 2011
21:47:00 +0200):

> On 2011-04-18 16:34, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
>>> Please review the attached patch, which cleans up the ICC bits.
>> You probably also want to remove the code that uses  __INTEL_COMPILER
>> in source tree if you want to be really thorough.
>
> Ok, new patch attached.  Some of the contributed sources also contain
> instances of __INTEL_COMPILER, but these are all from upstream, so I
> left them in.

Is it really necessary to remove them from cdefs.h? If someone takes
parts of our source and wants to compile them on linux or windows with
icc, the icc parts in cdefs.h are a valuable part to have.

Info: AFAIR I didn't add icc stuff to csup, and AFAIR csup was added
when our icc in the ports collection was outdated, so I assume someone
tested csup with icc on linux and addid this stuff there. Removing it
from csup seems to be a step backwards to me in this case.

Regarding the build infrastructure part I just skimmed over it, and
the math/std* headers and 1s-complement-checksum part looks ok to me.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Intel CPUs are not defective, they just act that way.
		-- Henry Spencer

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137