Re: 9.0-CURRENT r220692 && cc1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11

From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2_at_infradead.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:11:48 +0100
On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 11:51 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> I need the evolution-exchange connector;

That's for Exchange 2003, right? If you were on a newer version of
Exchange perhaps you'd be able to use the new Evolution-EWS connector.

> can I live with 2.32.1 while evolution and its dataserver are 2.32.3?

That should work. It may have entirely *artificial* dependencies on a
newer version of e-d-s, but I don't think there's any good reason for
such dependencies so just ignoring them and forcing it to install/run
anyway (by changing a '3' to a '1' in configure.ac) should be fine.

But this code hasn't changed, so if you failed to build evo-exchange
2.32.3 I strongly suspect that the same compiler bug will prevent you
from building 2.32.1.

You could try building evolution-exchange (or just xntlm.c) with -O0;
that often helps to avoid triggering compiler bugs.

> If not, I must go back fully to
> 2.32.1 after the debugging of the calendar stuff;

Well, the FreeBSD ports should be updated to 2.32.3 anyway.

David.Woodhouse_at_intel.com                              Intel Corporation