ahci(4) breaks on MSI X58 Pro-E

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 20:53:44 +0200
Hi all,

The day before yesterday I upgraded a server of mine at Hetzner to
FreeBSD 9. It seems to use an MSI X58 Pro-E motherboard, having an ICH10
SATA-controller.

It seems that under high load, I get timeouts on the SATA controller. It
seems disabling MSI has no effect. Unfortunately it's a sort-of
production system, so I can't do a lot of testing with it and I also
don't have any hands-on console access.

Is there anyone out there who has a system at home that also has an X58
motherboard and can test latest HEAD to see whether it is a recurring
problem? I've attached the output of dmesg for now. Disabling the ahci
driver and using ata seems to work.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/