Re: New installation script

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 14:35:44 -0700
On 08/06/2011 07:52, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> This is, to some extent, a deliberate design decision. The idea is that
> if you are installing onto an existing partition with the right type,
> then you really do just want to use it without newfs.

Actually, if I am reinstalling I really do want to newfs the system
partitions because that's how I can guarantee that no old cruft is left
over. I generally do not want to newfs things like /home. I think my use
case here is fairly typical.

There should at minimum be an option to newfs the partitions one is
installing the OS to. Ideally that option should default to whatever
sysinstall does now (which IIRC is 'on').

Doug

			-- OK Go